Tuesday, February 2, 2010



I'm sure it would seem like the smallest of details for a lot of people, but one of my favourite moments in the week is meeting Hayden at school and walking home together. I guess because I realize it's something I'm not going to be able to do once I go back to work (sigh). I remember when we first moved to this house, we thought it would be pretty short term. I wasn't sure how much we would like the school and whether we would stay in the area long. But now that Hayden has started, I find myself wanting to stay here just for the sake of the school and the neighbourhood. I love it.

Anyway, Hayden usually insists that he walk ahead of me and Madeline for some reason. Everything is a race when you're 4, I guess. It was such a nice day to be outside.

3 comments:

  1. don't you love seeing these wee little guys walking with their gigantic backpacks on?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guy would match mine perfectly as they have the same hats. My 4 year old has blue and my 2 year old has red.

    I love your first pic. It's beautiful and a great way to remember him at that stage.

    ReplyDelete