Sunday, January 31, 2010

The project so far...


I finished my first month of Project 365. I'm a bit surprised that I managed to take a picture every day. I was pretty sure it would be a big Fail for sure. I got behind with posting the photos a few times, but I caught up eventually.

So what I've learned so far from the project........

I have a lot to learn about my camera and I'm glad I've got the rest of the year to do it, because that's probably how long it's going to take. I actually borrowed some photography books from the library last week. They make NO sense to me whatsoever, and I still don't understand what ISO means exactly, but I'm going to keep trying to learn.

The project has helped me to slow down. I look at things differently. I think in moments more often. I stay in the present more often. I look for stories during my day. It's funny, for several years now, I've tried to practice mindfulness (pretty casually, I should add). But ever since having kids, I've all but forgotten it; I get so caught up in the flurry of things to do, things I need to do, things I haven't done that I should have, etc, etc. So often, I'm everywhere but right now, and I know that means that I miss things. This project is helping me slow down and see more again. It really is. I think it was just what I needed.

2 comments:

  1. I've had my SLR for over two years and I still don't understand a lot of things... or a lot of the jargon!
    Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for completing a month! Make sure you read your manual over and over again. Also if you haven't already, get the book Understand Exposure. :)

    ReplyDelete